South Kelso Community Health Advocates, led by CHW Coach Jen Schapman, handed out around 600 water bottles on February 25th donated by Kaiser Permanent to promote the installation of a new hydration station that was donated by Brita in partnership with Mission Readiness and the Childhood Obesity Prevention Coalition.
Savannah Killsree, a high school student health advocate, worked very hard preparing for this event and even gathered dozens of donations from local businesses for a student drawing.
Several student volunteers attended to disperse water bottles, host the drawing, and to engage the students in a pledge to “drink a bottle of water a day” displayed in a prominent hallway on a large poster which students proudly signed.
You also might be interested in
A Peer Network is being established to provide space for practicing[...]
At the core of HLC work is the belief that[...]
On February 28th, members of the HLC team, Rose Village[...]
- Legislative Lunch Recap – 2020 February 18, 2020
- CHAs make systems change impact through ECHA program February 18, 2020
- Rose Village CHWs support families during the holidays February 10, 2020
- Shared Learning Visit to White Salmon October 14, 2019
- Announcing the Community-Based Workforce Expo! September 20, 2019