HLC Seeking Behavioral Health Advisory Board Members for Clark and Skamania Counties
The Healthy Living Collaborative has received a contract from the Regional Health Alliance (Accountable Community of Health for Clark and Skamania counties) to form a Behavioral Health Advisory Board (BHAB). The BHAB will advise and make recommendations on the mental health and substance use disorders block grants. We are asking for an initial commitment of 6 months from BHAB members, with the potential to stay on longer. We are seeking diverse voices for this board and more than half of the board must represent community/consumer voices.
Late November 2016: First meeting convened, ongoing monthly meetings TBD
Mid January 2017: Substance use disorder plan due
Late June 2017: Mental health plan due
Ideal candidates for the BHAB will:
- Live or work in Clark or Skamania counties.
- Represent the diversity of the community including race/ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, tribes, and geographic location.
- Possess a collaborative working style.
- Bring a willingness to develop a shared vocabulary drawing equally from mental health and recovery communities.
- Provide expertise and insight in the areas of mental health, addictions, wellness promotion, education, housing, seniors’ services, culturally specific health services or work with or represent child and youth services, corrections and public safety, disability services, and other health disparities.
Interested people must complete an application by November 15, 2016, which will be reviewed by a selection committee. All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.