The Healthy Living Collaborative (HLC) is a program of Southwest Washington Accountable Community of Health (SWACH). HLC and our 60+ partnering organizations come together to advance policy, systems and environmental change. We work in the Southwest Washington counties of Clark, Cowlitz, Klickitat, Skamania and Wahkiakum. Our goals include:
- Improving health and wellness
- Strengthening families, neighborhoods and systems
- Ensuring health equity
Community-driven health equity for all.
Equity and social justice. We value community voices. We bring community members to the table and make their voices heard.
Collaboration and Inclusion. We work in partnership with our communities. Community members help us shape, share and implement solutions.
Innovation and sustainability. We believe in innovative solutions. We strengthen our communities with lasting improvements to systems and policy.
The Healthy Living Collaborative (HLC) of Southwest Washington was launched in 2013 by a group of community members seeking to improving health and equity.
Since its founding, HLC has:
- Shaped state and local policy
- Launched a network of community health workers (CHWs)
- Delivered equity trainings to hundreds of community members and leaders
- Built strong ties with communities across the region
- And more!
In 2017, we teamed up with Southwest Washington Accountable Community of Health (SWACH) to participate in Southwest Washington’s work as part of the statewide Healthier Washington effort.
- April 2012 – First regional coalition meeting
- October 2013 – Collaborative turned over to the community
- November 2014 – CHWs recruited and started CHW training
- December 2014 Set first policy agenda
- March 2015 – CHWs begin working as teams in their communities
- May 2016 – CHW work expanding – building capacity and programs
- October 2017 – HLC fully merges with SWACH
- June 2018 – Strengthen community and equity work at SWACH