“The Raising of America” is a four-part documentary series that seeks to reframe the way Americans look at early childhood health and development. Film screenings and community conversations will take place over the next four months. All events will be at Cascade Park Community Library, 600 N.E. 136th Ave., Vancouver.
• 4 to 6 p.m. Jan. 26, “Once Upon a Time.” Examines how things might be different if all U.S. children had access to high-quality early care and education.
• 4 to 6 p.m. Feb. 23, “Are We Crazy About Our Kids?” The U.S. can either invest early for success or pay more for failure later.
• 4 to 6 p.m. March 23, “Wounded Places.” Confronting childhood post-traumatic stress disorder in America’s cities.
• 4 to 6 p.m. April 27, “DNA is Not Destiny.” New scientific discoveries reveal how fetal and early childhood environments become a part of us.
• Cascade Park Community Library will also have five copies of the film available for rent.